Poster Presentation Opportunity and Prizes
Did you know that the poster exhibit is one of the more attended sessions at the conference? Strategically placed where traffic is greatest, the posters provide a different kind of learning and networking space that is enjoyed by conference participants.
We think the CES National Conference is a great place to show your skills in aligning excellent evaluation content with vibrant visual presentation! This is a skill worthy of acknowledgement and we have arranged for two different prizes to recognize the best poster presentation:
- Best Poster Session Award (judged): A $500 prize will be awarded by the Government of Canada through the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) for the poster that will be selected by four judges during the poster session. The award winner will be announced during the Awards Luncheon.
- People’s Choice Award: A $500 prize will be awarded by TD Insurance for the poster garnering the most votes from conference participants. The People’s Choice voting will occur during the conference and will end on Monday Tuesday, May 28. The award winner will be announced during the Awards Luncheon.
As a trusted partner, the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program is dedicated to helping Canadian Evaluation Society members get access to preferred insurance rates on home and car insurance coverage.
You could save big when you combine your member preferred rates and bundle your home and car insurance.
TD Insurance is the leading direct response insurance group in Canada, offering quality insurance products for over 65 years. From getting a quote to filing a claim, their knowledgeable advisors will help you find options that are right for you.
Student Evaluation Case Competition
The 2018 Canadian Evaluation Society/ Canadian Evaluation Society Educational Fund Student Evaluation Case Competition is underway. The committee is excited to continue offering future Canadian evaluators this dynamic learning opportunity.
The competition key dates are:
- November 17, 2017: Start of the team registration
- January 31, 2018: End of the team registration
- February 10, 2018: Preliminary round: the team has 5 hours to complete a proposal in response to a case document (all online)
- April 2, 2018: Announcement of the three finalist teams
- SUNDAY MAY 27, 2018 Final round at the Canadian Evaluation Society’s Annual Conference in Calgary: five hours to prepare a proposal and an oral presentation.
The Case Competition website provides information and materials to help you participate including previous cases, winning submissions and videos of final rounds. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.